All incoming Transfer students and distance education students completing a recognized Online Program are required to complete a Virtual Orientation component on the web (using UCF’s learning management system, “WebCourses@UCF”) prior to attending their on-campus component (if applicable). Students will not be able to access Virtual Orientation until their Orientation registration and payment have been processed.
Accessing Virtual Orientation
The Friday FOLLOWING the date you register and pay for orientation, you will be added to the appropriate Virtual Orientation in WebCourses@UCF. To log in to WebCourses@UCF and complete your Virtual Orientation, follow the instructions listed below.
Logging in to WebCourses@UCF
You will need your NID to access the Virtual Orientation. To retrieve your NID, please visit https://my.ucf.edu/nid.html and enter your first and last name and email address. You may also contact the UCF Service Desk at (407) 823-5117. Write down your NID and save it in a secure place.
- To access virtual orientation, navigate to https://webcourses.ucf.edu.
- Use your NID and NID password to access Webcourses@UCF. You will find the Virtual Orientation course located in the “Courses” area of the page.
Some pages within Virtual Orientation will ask if you would “only like to view information that has been delivered securely” or may not display unsecure content at all. Make sure you allow for all content to be delivered in order to see the necessary information.
Below is how to allow for secure content to be delivered in three common browsers:
- Internet Explorer: A message will pop-up, saying,
“Do you want to view only the web page content that was delivered securely?” Please click no to display all content.
- Google Chrome: Check the right end of the address bar for
a small Shield Icon. Click on the icon and then click Load Anyway.
- Mozilla Firefox: Click on the shield icon to the left of the address bar. Click the “Keep Blocking” drop down menu and select “Disable Protection on this Page.”